Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Giving back


This is a personal note- Some of you know that my brother, Raul was in a car accident in November of 2007. The accident left him a quadriplegic.  Raul is fighting everyday to make a recovery. He has finally, after 5 months in the ICU ward at University of Penn Hospital, been moved to a rehab. They now have given him a trach that allows him to speak and eat. There are alot of details about his condition that I won't get into.

What I do want to say is that Raul is fighting everyday to get better. His spirits are high and his determination unwavering. I have decided to run in his honor in the Philadelphia Marathon this November 2008 to support Spinal Research. 

If anyone would like to contribute to this charity in my brother's name please contact me at 856-428-2685 or go directly to the fundraising page here 
Just as importantly, I ask that you keep Raul in your prayers as he has a long road ahead of him.
If you would like more information on Spinal Research please visit their site here.

I will give periodic updates on my progress in preparing for the marathon.

You can donate to the foundation by clicking here
Thank you!

1 comment:

maria said...

Hi Rob. I am so sorry to hear about your brother. We will definately keep him in our thoughts and our prayers. God bless him.
Sincerely,
Maria & Christopher Panichelli